- Street style tip of the day: An oversize blazerPosted 5 months ago
- Big lips tipsPosted 5 months ago
- Bring a touch of ghoulish glamour to HalloweenPosted 5 months ago
- Do You Wear Heels? Read This & Save Your AnklesPosted 5 months ago
- Three personas to help pick your outfitPosted 10 months ago
- How to beautify for a Summer romancePosted 10 months ago
- Trend alert: Summer metallicsPosted 10 months ago
- 5 things to add to your summer street stylePosted 10 months ago
- What to wear if you’re a plus sizePosted 11 months ago
- 5 items your wardrobe shouldn’t be withoutPosted 11 months ago
Tips To Induce Menstruation
Many women want to induce menstruation for a number of reasons. One of the most common reasons can be, because the woman is suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). Due to this syndrome, the woman might have irregular or heavy periods or no menstruation at all. The common reason in women, who go to schools is that they do not want to have periods, on the first day of their term. Whatever be the reason, let’s see how to induce menstruation.
Tips to Induce Menstruation
- Birth Control Pills Birth control pills help to induce menstruation. If a woman suffers from PCOS, these pills help in regularizing the ovulation cycle. Woman, who are below the age of 35, are normally prescribed contraceptive pills. These pills help to control estrogen as well as progesterone levels and lower the levels of androgen. The added advantage of these pills is, that they also help in solving acne as well as excessive hair growth problem. Some doctors also prescribe progesterone. This hormone is important to maintain the length of the menstrual cycle and reduce the heaviness of the period.
- Weight Loss If you are overweight, you may want to consider weight loss in order to induce menstruation. Extra estrogen is produced in the fat tissues, which in turn interferes with the ovulation and leads to over-stimulation of the uterus lining and heavier periods. It is normally observed that weight loss helps in regulating the menstrual cycle. However, too much of nothing is good. So make it a point not to lose too much weight, as that too can affect your menstruation cycle in a negative way. Try to maintain a healthy weight.
- Herbs There are herbs which help to induce menstruation naturally. These herbs are called emmenagogues. Two of these important herbs are parsley and ginger. You may choose to drink two or more cups of parsley and ginger tea. Make sure the tea is strong. Parsley stimulates gentle contractions of the uterus and hence, is able to induce period when the menstrual cycle is delayed due to stress, hormonal disorders, etc. This is a safer option, as parsley does not have side effects. You may also want to reduce the consumption of aspirin, caffeine, salt, red meat, etc. Consuming primose oil also aids in inducing menstruation.
- Food Items Eating fruits like papaya, mango and pineapple are highly beneficial. You may want to try to drink about 500 grams of the papaya juice. You may not have to take more than 2 doses of the papaya before your menstruation starts. Honey is also known to induce menstruation, however, if you are allergic to honey, then this remedy should not be used. Mix a tablespoon of honey with warm water and drink it immediately.
- Vitamin C High doses of Vitamin C is also said to be beneficial in inducing menstruation. Vitamin C works, because it is able to starve the uterus of progesterone and it helps in bringing down the uterus walls. Make sure you drink a lot of water with it. Some people however, may experience side effects of this remedy. Hence, you will have to be careful before you try this method.
- De-stressing Have you ever thought that may be you are stressed hence, you are not menstruating? I would recommend that before you try any of these remedies, make sure you are stress free. You may want to try a hot bath; it will not only help you to relax, but may also induce menstruation. The other option is to use a hot water bag on your stomach for warm compress.
- Working Out Exercises are also of great help in inducing menstruation. You may want to try some aerobic exercises, along with some abdominal exercises. Sit ups work for most of the women. The other simple exercise which does not require you to go to a gym is the walking exercise. Brisk walking for about half an hour will also prove to be of help in inducing menstruation. Similarly, walking up and down a staircase will have the same effect as the walking exercise.
- Making Love Sexual intercourse is also beneficial in inducing menstruation. The contractions of the vagina, along with relaxation starts the shedding process and blood supply to the vaginal area increases. Some hormones present in the semen help in softening the cervix, which ultimately results in start of the period.
If you do not have a regular menstrual cycle, you may want to visit your doctor to find out the cause of the problem. At the same time, do not use any medication to induce menstruation without taking the consent of your health care professional. There are chances of side effects, which you may not really want to deal with.